Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I've been keeping busy

And my thumb kind of aches. Weird. 

So this is a collection of close up shots taken of my baby boy's quilt. Finishing the personal touches and then it's time for the binding. Nervous about that since I am essentially trying a new method. But I figure these quilts for family and friends are all trial and error. 

Here are a few photos. This is about the typical crib size: 46x60. (Mine is actually more like 37x60) 

The back

I sewed little squares and screwy triangles around the points where the blocks meet. Now I am sewing x's in the blue blocks and two different sets of squares in the yellows. Looking more like a real quilt. My machine keeps having a fit so I need to figure it out. 

X marks the spot!

One set of blocks ...

The other set!




I'll keep you up to date as it progresses. Hopefully I get to finish it, as I am taking off for a few days (sewing machine in tow, so I hope to work more).

No comments:

Post a Comment