Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Still pluggin' away!

While the babies are asleep, I am working on a new rag quilt with animal footprint fabric my sister gave me. I am making bigger squares, originally intended to be 10 inches but ended up being 9 (don't ask how. Don't. Ask. How.) instead. So you know what that means ... 9 inch squares with 8 inch batting squares! Wee! So while babies sleep, this is my project. It's quieter than running the sewing machine. 

So since I haven't a photo of the new fabric or the squares, here's a look back at what I have accomplished on my other rag quilt. 


Yay! Stringing along nicely! 


My high tech way of keeping the sections organized! Big help by the way! I also have been referring to the picture I took earlier with the sections piled up (told you I'd need it). Here's the collection of my rows, with only 4 more to go!

 
Nifty, eh? I look forward to having this done ... The entire process is tedious but my next quilt will be slightly less tedious. I just need to make sure the stripes all face the same way. 

Stay tuned, and I'll keep you posted (get it? Blog post? Posted? Haha!).

No comments:

Post a Comment