Monday, May 5, 2014

Poor Cinderelly

I am not made of money, so I found a used set of Cinderella toys on eBay. I looked at the pictures and asked questions like a good buyer, and received the items very quickly.

I did research on how to detangle doll hair and when took one doll out of her box, I set to work. The other doll wasn't bad at all, so it wasn't necessary. 

Here is the doll's hair after washing and rinsing it. 


Mess!


According to one blogger, hair conditioner works great. Alas, I am not a big conditioning gal, so I only had one small bottle I'd taken from a hotel (I had used a little of it and figured I'd take the rest with me instead of letting it go to waste). I used the entire contents of the tiny bottle and I hope it helps. If it isn't enough, I do have detangling spray I can use. 

Here is Cinderella with her conditioned hair, stewing in the miracle cure. 


My intent is to let her sit for an hour or two and see what happens when it rinses out. I hope the hair isn't too fried. 

Wish me luck! I will update when the results are in!

UPDATE: I let the potion sit for a couple hours and brushed for 15 minutes. I am happy to report that she looks much nicer. 



I rinsed her hair after I brushed it, and I gave it another quick brush before leaving her to dry. I think it's safe to say conditioner is the way to go. 

Today we also wrote a letter to the lady in blue herself. It is my understanding if you write your favorite Disney character (typically one who does meet and greets at the theme parks), they send either a picture or postcard in four to six weeks. There are two addresses people suggest for writing, one is the Burbank, Calif., location (Attn: Fan Mail), which we used, and one care of the Fla. location. I am hoping to receive some correspondence back from Cinderella in a month or two. I will let you know how it went. 

In the meantime, here is a picture of what I made for dinner tonight. 


With yummy chicken breast ...


And brown rice! Tasty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment