Thursday, July 24, 2014

Peg + Cat stuffed Cat

I happen to enjoy most of the PBS Kids shows, such as Martha Speaks and the new Peg + Cat. I intend to make a Peg eventually, but for now I have made Cat. I will have to make another because my daughter  really likes this one. 

He is made out of a soft flannel material my mother-in-law gave me which happened to be the same colors I needed (it was meant to be!). I stuffed him with batting, and made a fabric bag for rice and stuffed that in the bottom. 


 I glued his ears together since I cut four triangles in the hopes they would sew easily, but I was let down. Still, this method worked. 



 Next time I am sewing this on prior to stuffing the tail so it looks better. 



Closing up the bottom. 


His arms are on and his features are marked. I wasn't ready to use embroidery thread because I don't actually know how, but I made due. I used glitter paint for the mouth and cotton batting doubled up and dotted with fabric marker for the eyes. 




I am extremely proud of how this little guy turned out. True, he is a bit lopsided and as it is true with all of my sewing projects, I learned a lot on the first time around. The next one will come out much better I believe, and that one will go to my daughter. I plan to attach Velcro to close up the bottom so the rice packet and stuffing can be removed in case of washing. Let's face it, kids are messy.

So what do you think? What are some of your favorite cartoon characters that you have made into a stuffed animal?

No comments:

Post a Comment