Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sew, sew my darling!

I made so many things recently, and I have so many more I'd like to tackle! I wish someone would pay me to make things for myself and my family!

These are a few things I have been doing. 


Princess Anna's dress (which turned out to be too big for my daughter because she's a size 2/3 and the pattern was for 3/4).




I added some bias tape to hide the bottom hem. I didn't feel up to putting a proper hem on this one since it was mostly created as a play dress. 




This is my tiny girl wearing her new dress. I tied something around her waist to hold it up for the photos, but it will need to be taken in considerably. I didn't add the appliqués because I'm planning to make a real heavy weight dress for Halloween (and a matching cape like in the movie). 

I also adjusted the top. Instead of long sleeves, I just made some straps. Once I manage to take the dress in I will post a final photo of it. 

Here is a clutch I made from the leftover fabric from the car parts for my husband. I made this in maybe ten minutes and it was super easy.



I didn't put much emphasis on adding a lining because it was more a prototype than anything. I do have to say I love this and am now sketching ideas for another purse or wallet. Sewing is addictive! 

Next will be a pencil roll for my colored pencils because I am tired of having them rolling around my house. I also need a better place to store my pastels so that's in the making. 

What are you working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment