Saturday, July 26, 2014

We've got a really BIG problem!

I can't stop making these cute little stuffed toys! After making Cat from the TV show Peg + Cat, I decided he needed his friend. So I have embarked on a journey to make Peg. Here are some shots of what I gotten so far. I am using felt (recycled!) instead of flannel, and yarn for her hair. 


My materials.


The head without stuffing. 


For her hat.


Tada!


The basic shapes. 


I love the googly eyes but they are not the right ones to survive a child's attention and love. I will continue ton earch because these would be perfect for Peg. 


Her mouth is easy to draw, and I used fabric markers. I may end up going for a sheet of black felt to make the mouth and glue it on instead. 


I found an amazing tutorial on Pinterest, which suggests using pins to hold down and thread yarn for hair. This is a shot of me employing this method. After you have some pinned, you sew it on. 


I didn't have any matching thread, but I had some embroidery thread which was close enough. I thought I had orange thread lying around but I guess I was wrong. Stay tuned as I continue to put her together. I am pretty happy with her she's turned out so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment