Sunday, April 6, 2014

Chicken pot pie of the gods

I swear, this pot pie recipe is the best thing I've ever made. Alright, maybe it's the best entree I've made. Swedish apple pie is the best dessert I've ever made (think pie filling plus sugar cookie for the top crust). 
I've made this a few time, and even my kids (ages two and one) eat it. I don't add celery, but add extra vegetables like broccoli and peas. Tonight's dish doesn't include peas, sadly. *Side note: I do not trust anyone who doesn't like broccoli.*
This recipe just plain rocks. Here's a shot of the filling (this one in particular is an extra filling to freeze and use at a later date).

Mouth watering! 

And a shot of the finished product

Divine! I should also add this recipe is for turkey pot pie, but obviously you can sub in whatever you wish. If you want beef, just add beef bouillon and cubes of beef. I do have to say the chicken and turkey pot pies are heavenly. 

And the greatest shot ever of any food is coming up in 3, 2, .... 


....

On a less tasty note, here are photos of the shirt I made!



Once I am ready to wear it out, I will have my husband take a photo so I can model it. I'm happy with how it turned out, considering it was made using a pattern from the 70s and those gals were a bit skinnier than I. I adapted the pattern, and it came out beautifully. 

I hope the weekend was kind to you all and wish you a happy Monday tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment