Thursday, April 24, 2014

Flannel is the fabric of Beelzebub

I love how warm and nurturing flannel fabric feels. It's soft, cuddly, and perfect for a winter baby. 

But I am (probably) never going to work with it again. 

The amount of shifting and stretching has ruined the big quilt, even though I took measures to prevent it from happening. I will have to cut off a row of blocks because of the serious nature in which it shifted. It is pretty disappointing. 

The taggy blanket is finished, so I can show pictures of the finished product here. I only am willing to share close up photos of the details of the big quilt. I also am perturbed because the sewing machine was being temperamental yesterday and that resulted in lots of lost thread. Here are some pictures, before I rant on and on about how annoyed I am with this project. 





I only put tags around two sides so mommy and baby can have half the blanket to snuggle without having tags in the face (that would annoy me).

Here are close up photos of the big quilt. 



Be well!

No comments:

Post a Comment